Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Thinking can sometimes be hazardous...

One of my favorite pastimes is thinking.  What happened during the course of the day.  What do I want to see happen tomorrow.  Why did that person do what they did?  Why didn't they do something different? And so on...and so on...and so on....

It's exhausting...

So much so that you wear yourself out just trying to think things through.  I was having a conversation with a friend today in hopes that during the conversation I would sort out some thoughts that were swerling through my head.  During our chat, I realized that when I came to a decision point, I  convince myself, just in thought, that wasn't the right decision and start the process all over again. How many times have we missed out on something that while oh so simple, we made it insurmountable just by our thoughts?

I gotta learn how to not think so much.  It's hazardous - to my health, my sanity, and a few other things....but how? Where do you start?  What steps do you take?  How do you know how much is too much?  Hmm...I'll think about it and see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment