Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday is for...project planning!

I look forward to Fridays - I mean I REALLY look forward to them.  Not just because it's the last day of the work week, but because I can make preparation to do some fun stuff over the weekend.  At least I try to plan one fun thing to do every weekend.  Amazingly enough, as I get older, that list of things gets shorter, and many times at the top of the list is - NOTHING.  I just want to sit...and look friendly.

But THIS weekend I'm looking forward to being crafty.  My creative juices have been flowing lately and I'm getting back to the things that bring me joy - which is making something with my hands.  Sewing was at the top of the list for the past few weeks but scrapbooking and DIY crafts are catching up.  Over the weekend I plan to finally make something to fill the wall in my bathroom that has been vacant for 9 years.  I know, it's really sad, but yes - 9 years!

I'm going to do my version of a sunburst mirror.  What you see below is one that I saw on the wall of a restaurant I visited a couple of weeks ago that kicked off the "ooh I want one of those" idea.




So tune in next week - and see the pics of the finished project - if I finish it - it IS the weekend, you know!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment